Assistant Training Manager
Managerial / Supervisory
Consolidated Training Systems Inc.With business certificates
4F S&L Building, 1500 Roxas Boulevard, Ermita, Manila, Metro Manila
Consolidated Training Systems Inc. (CTSI) is Asia’s top Offshore Training Institution. As the Philippines’ premier maritime and offshore training school, it offers more than thirty various courses, including OPITO training for the Oil and Gas industry and sophisticated offshore safety training.
We are HIRING!
We are looking for the following individuals to join our team:
ASSISTANT TRAINING MANAGER
Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Training Plan
- Prepares and coordinates the annual training plan and semi-annual training plan with the Marketing Department and submits the same to the EXECOM for approval.
- Prepares the weekly training schedule and assigns Training Specialist (TS) who will handle the course with the goal of meeting both industry requirements and enrollment targets, and submits the same to the EXECOM for approval.
B. Course Improvement
- Reviews and approves all changes, modifications and new materials introduced by TS to existing course including audio visual presentation, power point presentation, handbook, etc.
- Reports with VP with regard to innovating, changing, upgrading and/or testing training programs to assure the company that only properly planned, organized and tested programs are allowed to operate and the same are reviewed regularly and upgraded on a continuing basis.
- Directs the religious implementation of the company’s Quality Programmes and reports to Executive Committee all observations and non-conformities as well as recommended suggestions on how to prevent such deviations on a regular basis.
- Monitors compliance of all TS with the company’s quality system.
- Reviews and approves the scholastic performance of trainees/participants.
- Makes decisions and approval of special requests of trainees based on protocols observed by the company.
- Approves and recommends to Executive Committee all operational requirements of the training department with regard to other departments.
- As may be requested from time to time by the Marketing Department, bring and tour visiting principals and clients to both Manila and Cavite complexes.
- Identifies problem areas in all operating sections, particularly in the practicum aspect of the training operations, scheduling of classes and assigning of Training Specialist and recommend possible options to correct any problem.
- Be present at our Cavite complexes four to five times a week since the primary function will be carried out at these locations. Observes classroom and practical exercises and seeing to it that the Facility Staff/Aid assigned is skilled and competent at all times. Reports observations to the Executive Committee and recommends measures to improve the same.
- Renders the day to day needs of trainors assigned in Bunga and Capipisa sites and coordinates with the Facility Managers regarding the training facilities, equipment, personnel support, and other related requirements in a timely and orderly manner.
D. Administrative Work
- Executes disciplinary action or proper merit recognition to TS when deemed necessary.
- Ensures proper administration and documentation of the examination.
- Conducts quarterly performance appraisal of the TS in cooperation with the Admin. Department. Also, conducts semi-annual performance evaluation of TS to correct/assist in improving negative work habits, etc.
- Performs other tasks or special projects that may be assigned from time to time.
Education: A holder of a B. S. Degree or BSMT graduate, Preferably with Masteral Degree or units in Business or Maritime Management. With Basic Background in Trainers Training
Experience: Preferably with Managerial experience on Shipboard, Land-based & Offshore Operations.
- With basic background in Curriculum Development and Implementation
- With basic Pedagogical or Andragogical Skills
- With proven human relations and leadership skills
- Computer literate