Managerial / Supervisory
Digital Services Cambridge Limited - ROHQ
2F New Solid Bldg., 357 Sen. Gil J. Puyat Avenue, Makati, Metro Manila
DIGITAL SERVICES CAMBRIDGE LIMITED ROHQ
Is currently looking for:
The primary function of the Operations Manager is to manage the Business Systems teams in Manila which are responsible for various back office systems in the press, covering Production, Finance & Fulfilment, Sales & Marketing and Business Productivity tools, used by teams across CUP. Duties include instructing, directing, leading, and monitoring the work of the Team Leads. The position also involves close coordination with UK counterparts, Software Development, Infrastructure, and Development Support teams.
The postholder must have exceptional organizational skills and good eye for detail.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports, metrics, and other administrative documents to Cambridge colleagues, the Head of Business Systems, and General Manager in Manila.
- Regularly review and update job descriptions, personal goals, and team leads’ objectives.
- Ensure that team turnaround times and key performance indicators are met.
- Monitor the distribution and assignment of tasks to members of the team.
- Ensure that every team member is aware of the varying processes and workflows within the Business Systems Manila team by requiring knowledge sharing sessions among team members.
- Accomplishes staff results by regularly monitoring and evaluating team leads’ and team members’ performance in accordance with the goals and Press Behavioural Indicators; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Stay up-to-date with the feedback given to the Team Leads from colleagues both in Manila and Cambridge.
- Liaise with Software Development or Infrastructure team leads and/or managers, as appropriate, in case of technical issues that affect content production, and to collaborate with other teams when the need arises.
- Regularly communicate with Cambridge counterparts to give updates and report more complex issues encountered by the team.
- Attend regular meetings with management and address issues concerning administrative or company matters.
- Evaluate the composition of the current resources and project any future needs that would impact the team. This also includes monitoring and assessment of performance.
- Meet the team to disseminate information on the matters discussed during the management meeting that involve and would possible affect Press employees, assess the flow of work and also to provide the team an opportunity to have an open discussion on any matters that they may want to address.
- Provide recommendations to management concerning productivity.
- Possess excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on verbal and written communication.
- Provide general administrative support to the organization.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Educated to degree level and ideally have publishing or typesetting experience.
- Good computer skills and excellent attention to detail are required
- Excellent standard of English – both spoken and written
- Team management experience