Software Engineer (NodeJS)
2 to 4 Years Experience
We’re looking for software engineers to join a strong technical team developing web-services to power the future of financial services. This role will involve joining a team of 4 other experienced JS developers who have developed a web-service which has processed over $100M in transactions since inception. You will be working on a web-service which handles over 10 requests per second, built on a NodeJS stack running on a platform-as-a-service.
We’re looking for people who are excited about financial services and cutting edge technology, and how these together can make a difference in people’s everyday lives.
Digital currency is a transformative technology that will require a re-engineering of the way business as we know it is done. Bitaccess is proud to be a pioneer in this space, and are looking for outstanding individuals to join us on this journey.
Throughout our history, we have learned a few things. Some good, some bad:
History can be defined as before the existence of digital currency, and after.
On a long enough timeline, every company will be hacked. It is best to prepare for the worst.
Digital Currency has the possibility to democratize access to all types of financial and contractual services.
Our current product line allows you to instantly have access to customers in over 15 countries, and just as many time zones. When you ship code, you get instant feedback from the market.
So if you are ready to join the most fast paced, exciting, and hectic industry of our generation apply now.
- 2+ years experience with NodeJS
- Strong understanding of MongoDB, Redis and other NoSQL databases
- Experience with web services that handle 10+ requests per second
- You use git every day, and understand merge, squash and the rest
- Strong communication skills and ability to articulate ideas via chat messages
- **Fulltime** commitment. Side projects and open source are accepted (and encouraged).
- Competitive and negotiable compensation
- Work will be with a team on the east coast of Canada, so you will need to work an equivalent time-zone
Good to have:
- Interest and knowledge in **cryptoeconomics**.
- Experience contributing or managing **open source projects**.
- Experience with NodeJS, Docker, and Continuous integration
- We ship code (daily): break things often
- Week long sprints: No year long projects.
- Linux/Mac: We are a 0% windows company.
- Language Agnostic: Use the framework that matches the task.
Job Type: Full-time