Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Specialist
2 to 4 Years Experience
Tangent Solutions, Inc.With business certificates| Established in 1998 | 201-500 employees
15/F Suite 1507-A, East Tower, Philippine Stock Exchange Centre, Exchange Road, Ortigas Center, Pasig, Metro Manila
Tangent Solutions, Inc was incorporated on September 1998 and commenced its operations in July 199. Its aim is to be the leading Electronic Fund Transfer Point of Sale (EFTPOS) terminal services enabler in the Philippines by developing world- class EFTPOS terminal infrastructure, technology and services. At present, Tangent Solutions, Inc. provides a whole suite of solutions including payment (credit/debit), loyalty, discount and stored value via EFTPOS terminals to banks, pharmaceutical companies and retail merchants nationwide.
Since 1999, Tangent has been at the forefront of the technological resolution, helping its client minimize the power of technology to achieve its business objectives. Its nationwide presence coupled with years of industry expertise, and leadership uniquely qualifies it to provide the most cost-effective service and solutions in the market.
Moreover, its tradition of gaining a thorough understanding of its client’s business allow Tangent to provide answer that are custom-tailored to their specific needs. From the provision
Of the EFTPOS terminals, maintenance and support, software development and implementation, to project management and consultancy. Tangent offers leading edge end to end service that will allow its client to succeed in today’s fast paced marketplace.
SOFTWARE QUALITY ASSURANCE (SQA) SPECIALIST
- Candidate must possess at least Vocational Diploma/Short Course Certificate, Bachelor's/College Degree in Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication), Engineering (Electrical/Electronic), Engineering (Others), Computer Science/Information Technology, Business Studies/Administration/Management or equivalent.
- Has acquired an NC in Programming is a plus.
- With at least 3 years relevant industry work experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- With at least 2 years work experience in EFT-POS Software Development and Quality Assurance Testing (Functional, Exceptional, and Full Regression).
- Should be able to interpret data and give recommendations based on the results.
- Must have experience in developing test scripts, test cases and test scenarios.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office application (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience in quality assurance and working knowledge of quality testing tools and systems.
- Ensures that quality specifications stipulated by the clients are met as prescribed.
- Coordinates on quality assurance and quality control related issues with internal QC Group and clients on various projects.
- Develops quality standards for company developed applications, and oversees the development and execution of software test plans and analysis of test results.
- Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures.
- Maintains documentation of test results.
- Create Quick Guide Manuals for each application.
- Analyses test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action.
- Develops and implements system test plans for software testing pertaining to significant matters often involving coordination among groups.
- Provides guidance and control to functional area teams for development and implementation of test plans.
- POS functional orientation on TSI internal and external clients.
- Prepares weekly accomplishment report and all other technical reports.
- Exerts best effort that the Quality Objectives are met; implements and/or carryout quality improvement activities and functions as Software Quality Assurance Specialist as may be formally and officially defined by the immediate superior or by the executive management.