System and Network Administrator
1 Year or less Experience
QwertyWorks Data ServicesWith business certificates
S-B 5Th Floor, Builders Centre, 170, Salcedo Street, Makati, Metro Manila
In a world that gets even smaller and more interconnected, all kinds of products and services enter new markets every day, making it a fundamental challenge for producers and consumers to understand and be understood. Better communication means better access to more choices, thus better lives.
QwertyWorks believes that no machine can ever connect people better than human linguists who can capture original content, context and tone and convey it into the ever-evolving local language.
In 2001, we filled the need to help develop the industry of localization in the Philippines by establishing Touchbase, our team that specializes in Philippine languages. Years of Continuous Improvement enabled us to sustain the "Quality in Quantity” balance and pursue excellence in every project we handle.
Today, QwertyWorks is composed of both Touchbase and TeamGlocal—our international language department—allowing us to connect producers with consumers speaking over 60 languages in 75 country-markets around the globe.
Our track record spans diverse industries including Information Technology, Law, Health, Marketing/Advertising, and Entertainment having rendered not just translation but also quality assurance, transcription, subtitling, bug fixing, user acceptance testing, and market research.
Is currently looking for:
SYSTEM AND NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR
- Layout/typeset and render texts, graphics and other visual elements manually from image scans into an editable format
- Create final-quality digital drawings, illustrations and images either from scratch or from a template or from verbal instructions
- Cleanup/revise/improve or otherwise enhance existing image or text files to suit requirements for internal and external clients
- Qualifications: Advanced skills in using computer software for graphics and layouting/DTP
- Educational background:At least two years of having attended tertiary schooling in multimedia, graphic design, fine arts or computer-related creative program
- Graduates preferred, but will give more weight to actual experience in related work and work ethic/trustworthiness
The full-time, on-site job role is for a new department in our 17-year-old company. The role will serve both existing businesses and new ventures, and projects/tasks may vary from day to day, depending on business priorities.
- Character is #1: You must have Integrity, Diligence and Obedience. Divas, downers and loafers need not apply.
- Fits our results-oriented culture: Learns quickly, strict with deadlines, needs minimal supervision, can switch tasks flexibly.
- The applicant will take an exam that -- among others -- will test his/her ability to neatly lay out a scanned document into an editable one, as well as his/her ability to creatively interpret or execute visual ideas into well-polished graphic images.
- Those with 2-3 years of full-time work experience as a DTP specialist, layout artist or graphics designer will have an edge.
- Other advantages include: has own laptop, excellent written skills in English, adept in using social media platforms, coding background.
- Lives in Marikina/Cainta/Antipolo/Pasig/other parts of Rizal (for ease of commuting)
- Comfortable working alone in a startup environment but also ambitious enough to pursue a corporate career