Team Manager - Customer Service
Managerial / Supervisory
Manila, Metro Manila
Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is fueled by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
TEAM MANAGER - CUSTOMER SERVICE
REPORTING TO: Group Manager – Customer Service
Summary of Responsibilities
If you are passionate about driving process improvement and motivating and leading a team of driven, customer-obsessed associates and team leads, all while analyzing systemic issues and implementing solutions to challenging problems, we have the career you’re looking for!
A Team Manager sets the vision and culture of their teams by handling individual and team performance expectations and goals, maintaining singular focus on ensuring and improving customer satisfaction , by identifying broader customer impacting issues and implementing solutions to drive quality and productivity, while achieving real time desired service levels.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading and developing a team of 20-30 associates; responsible for the overall performance management, coordination and evaluation of the team.
- Actively participate in and drive the continuous improvement culture through ‘kaizen’ and lean projects. Identifying and eliminating barriers to accuracy, productivity, and quality.
- Carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Amazon’s policies and procedures; additional responsibilities include interviewing, training and motivating employees; planning and assigning work; rewarding and reviewing employee performance; and effective conflict resolution.
- Mentoring and act as a resource to new managers and expedite their learning curve also devise action plan to develop and groom associates into future CS Managers
- Leading Site Level initiatives, primary owner of functional responsibilities that impact overall site like Performance Related Pay, transportation etc. and may require interface with other sites in network
- Communicating policies to associates and become the primary information source for staff; following-up to ensure compliance and consistency; taking corrective action as necessary and documenting the issue and actions taken.
- Expected to be 2nd in line to the Operations managers and at times might be required to perform delegated duties of operations managers
- Develop and Achieve performance goals and objectives in line with the network wide vision and goals
- Identifying customer impacting issues, working out and implementing solutions and process improvements to increase customer satisfaction rate.
- Assist in developing and implementing training programs to improve the quality and productivity of the team.
- Drive process improvements to enhance the operational efficiency of the site. Understanding and effectively utilizing resources provided by internal systems, departments, policies, and procedures.
- Developing and achieving performance goals and objectives in line with the network wide vision and goals.
- Focus on management of SLA, quality and customer experience
- Trouble shooter in case of issues relating to process affecting the SLAs
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop and handle a group of people
- Ability to support Business and provide solutions to customer pain points
- Ability to handle complex and ambiguous scenarios
- Ability to organize, prioritize and schedule work assignments
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions
- Demonstrated ability to handle reporting and analysis
- Demonstrated passion for delivering a positive customer experience, and maintain composure in difficult situations
- Ability to effectively and efficiently complete difficult goals or assignments
- Can adapt well to changing circumstances and strategy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident in using Microsoft Package (especially Excel)
- Fluent English skills are required for this role
- Experience in Contact Center Operations (Customer Service, Sales, or Collections)
- Strong in data manipulation and analysis
- Preferred Project Management & knowledge of Six Sigma/Lean Processes
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA is a plus
- 3 plus years’ experience with Customer service would be an added advantage
- 5-7 years of overall experience and 2 years of supervisory exposure in managing a team size of 10-20 associates.
- Advanced computer skills using a variety of programs highly desired
- 24/7/365 availability, including willingness to work on weekends, and outside of the "standard" work day
- Applicant needs to be in People Management role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.